a light tucks under the shade by the window
pretend you didn't see it all you want
i felt a wisp of hair that wasn't mine just then
did I imagine that sensation?

you weren't around when the moon landed upon the earth
where I dug and dug for the answers to your questions
ever since you asked them, I've been naked
opened up and swallowed whole by my creation

everything was meant to be
the way it has unfolded,
but I can't help but question our Sovereignty
you weren't meant to be here, and I'm alone

I've never felt so Powerful.

today the stars beckoned and I refused them
the pull of darkness is stronger still
the light has licked its lips at me
and I do my best to ignore it

rain never asked what we thought of its wetness
so why pretend like we care?
please tell me again
what it is you remembered
if you really dare

see,
the wholeness of We
has opened itself
up to me
I cannot even cry

you wandered through this wood forever
to Catch a Butterfly

Softly, slowly, gently now
hear that whisper before it fades away
then kiss yourself when you finally remember
what it means to Pray

Comments

Popular Posts