Active Imagination Notes 01

I am walking along a path in the woods. I come upon a wrought-iron gate and it leads to a secret garden. There is a bench, so many colorful flowers, and the sunlight hits the grass in one spot of the garden in a way that is so beautiful. There is a willow tree and I approach it. It is my friend. I see a flash of white and think that it is a rabbit. It turns out to be a dove, and it coos at me and then beckons me to follow as it flies off. I follow it to a cave back beyond the garden. The further back and down I go in the cave, the darker it gets, but the dove shows me a translucent blue light in the wall of the cave, like a portal door. I step through it. Suddenly I am suspended in primordial space, not standing on anything, but not feeling like I am floating either. Just in it. It is bright rainbow white, pure light, and I almost feel like I could cut myself on it. I am slowly spinning around in this space, then I see the light coalesce into a bright colorful stained glass window of reds, blues, golds. I am able to step through the window. I realize I am in a house, somewhat like a cabin. It is modern and cozy but has some ancient and medieval decor, like the stained glass window. I get the sense someone eccentric lives here. I realize that the window looks out over the garden I had been in prior - the house is sort of up on a hill above it. I notice a table with evidence someone had eaten here somewhat recently. There is a chair by the window and a side table. A tobacco pipe is on the table, as well as a quill and ink pot. I sense an elderly man live(s/d) here. I see a letter on the side table. It says "I have looked out this window for quite some time now. Perhaps too long. I would like to take an adventure." I go to the front door of the house. I open it up to a new path. I am overwhelmed by how golden it is, like everything is made of real gold. In the distance, I see a bright red jewel, like a ruby, hovering over the horizon.

Comments

Popular Posts